What Is The Best Way To Make Barbed Wire?

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm by luvbuttercream

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 5

I would like to make barbed wire for a cake and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to do it, I would like it to be edible if possible. TIA.

4 replies
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 5

what would you like it to be made from? i.e bc vs fondant?

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 5

I'm not exactly sure how it was done, but I think Buddy on Cake Boss made a cake and to make barbed wire he used the really thin licorice strings. Maybe you can figure it out from there...sorry I can't be of more help!

Here's a link to another thread about making barbed wire...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=255601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #4 of 5

If you want to make ot from fondant, it seems rather easy actually. The most part will be twisted. Then at certain points, coil a single strand around the twisted fondant. From there, you need 4 spikes, 2 pointing up and 2 pointing down. You can attach them with whatever glue you use, or make them stick up from the piece you used to make the coil.
I think the conly challange will be keeping it in place while it dries. Use cotton or paper to keep it still.

HTH

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

I'm not exactly sure how it was done, but I think Buddy on made a cake and to make barbed wire he used the really thin licorice strings. Maybe you can figure it out from there...sorry I can't be of more help!

Here's a link to another thread about making barbed wire...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=255601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Thank you for this link they were some really great ideas on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%