What Is The Best Way To Make Barbed Wire?

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm by luvbuttercream

luvbuttercream Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 5

I would like to make barbed wire for a cake and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to do it, I would like it to be edible if possible. TIA.

4 replies
JessDesserts Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 5

what would you like it to be made from? i.e bc vs fondant?

srkmilklady Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 5

I'm not exactly sure how it was done, but I think Buddy on Cake Boss made a cake and to make barbed wire he used the really thin licorice strings. Maybe you can figure it out from there...sorry I can't be of more help!

Here's a link to another thread about making barbed wire...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=255601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

JessDesserts Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #4 of 5

If you want to make ot from fondant, it seems rather easy actually. The most part will be twisted. Then at certain points, coil a single strand around the twisted fondant. From there, you need 4 spikes, 2 pointing up and 2 pointing down. You can attach them with whatever glue you use, or make them stick up from the piece you used to make the coil.
I think the conly challange will be keeping it in place while it dries. Use cotton or paper to keep it still.

HTH

luvbuttercream Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

I'm not exactly sure how it was done, but I think Buddy on made a cake and to make barbed wire he used the really thin licorice strings. Maybe you can figure it out from there...sorry I can't be of more help!

Here's a link to another thread about making barbed wire...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=255601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Thank you for this link they were some really great ideas on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%