Where To Find Website Templates

Business By heather1124 Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 8:58pm by heather1124

heather1124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1124 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hello! My partner and I are just getting our website started, and we can't find any cute and fun templates. I have looked on Intuit.com, godaddy.com, and a few others and the templates are alll zzzz....BORING! We want something fun and whimsical! Any help from you more experienced bakers?

Thanks, Heather icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Annso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annso Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 5

I am just a hobbyist but i can tell you to try out Wix.com. I would recommend that you use the blank slate. they have a wide range of templates to choose from and its super easy to use.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 5

I would recommend hiring a web designer, local colleges that offer a web design program should have a number of candidates that will work for cheap. Make sure you have a good idea of what you want your site to look like (draw up prototypes on paper) before you hire them.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 5

google "free website template" millions will come up. Even if you go to a web designer you'll want to have looked at lots of websites and templates so you can have a really good idea of what you want when you go to them. And if you save images of a website don't just tell them "i like this one" tell them WHAT you like about it, is it the colors, the layouts, the curvy or straight lines? They can't just look at 5-10 different layouts you like and automatically know what you like, expecially when they are all different. (my BF used to do web design and this was his biggest pet peeve, someone sending a template that they liked but not saying what they liked b/c it was so different from the others they sent so he didn't know what to use off of it)

heather1124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1124 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! I was hoping not to have to hire a web designer, but I can see that I'm going to have to in order to get what I'm looking for! I appreciate your suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%