Fighter Jet 3D Cake

Decorating By Shelly82 Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 11:45pm by Shelly82

Shelly82 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 4

I am brand new to cake central and pretty new to cake making all together. I really enjoy doing tiered cakes, but was just asked to make a 3d cake. I have never made a 3d cake before. Can you please tell me if it is beneficial to carve the cake while it is frozen? Does anyone have tutorials on how to make an airplane cake, more specifically an F15c cake? Anything at this point would really help. Thank you so much!

3 replies
Motorhead Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 4

i'm not sure about airplane carving, but i have carved a few cakes (see my pics) i try to carve my cakes when they are semi frozen, i find that the more firm they are the easier and less crumbs i get. good luck. thumbs_up.gif

sweetcakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 4

i think your best bet would be to make the plane out of ricecrispy treat and make the cake the base part, like the runway. An F15 is so slim it would have to be huge in order for you to make it out of cake,

Shelly82 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both so much for your suggestions! I'm going to try it and see how it turns out =) I'll post a pic once it's complete. The cake isn't due until Dec. so I have a lot of time to practice.
Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%