Cake Duplication

Decorating By book03 Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 3:29pm by Sucrea

book03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
book03 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 7

I really like this cake made by molly2, and am wanting to make it for my little boy's 2nd birhtday. I need some help with some ideas one how to create this. It would be greatly appreciated! I have already started making dsome of the animals out of fondant. what about the signs? what size do you think the layers are?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1465782

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

6 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 7

I would suggest PMing the artist. Most people here on CC are more than happy to help out. Super cute cake....good luck!

book03 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 7

i have and have not heard back from her.

texanlostlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texanlostlover Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 7

The sign was probably an edible image put on fondant, or it could even just be a piece of cardstock. If you don't have an edible image printer and you want it to be edible, you could even just cut a sign out of fondant, let it dry, and pipe your message on using buttercream.

For the sizes of the cakes, it doesn't really matter what they were originally, you could use any sizes you want, or you could even just do all one tier. If you do 2 tiers, it looks like the tiers are probably 4 inches different, like maybe a 10in+6in, or a 8in+12in. That will give you enough room to put animals around it.

But there's no reason you have to make yours EXACTLY like this one, if you want to personalize it and change sizes and whatever. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

book03 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 7

thank you! what about the barn and silo? do you think it was RKTs, or cake? how would you do it? I'm so new to all this cake making stuff.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 7

In her description, she says "Two Tier White Cake filled and frosted with white butter cream frosting air brushed topped with a gum paste barn made with pound cake (Thanks to sugarshack for the instruction and pattern) and gum paste animals ."
Maybe you can research for the instructions and pattern by sugarshack. thumbs_up.gif
HTH!
Vickey

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 7

I did a farm cake, my own take on a pic from a kids magazine that my sister in law wanted. Mine has mostly cupcake animals since that is what she wanted. I made my barn out of cupcakes (leftover). I made boards out of mmf and then placed them on the layered cupcakes. You could use whatever you wanted for the barn though. RKT would work also. I say use what you have!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%