Fondant And Rice Krispie Treats

Decorating By shebaben Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 1:40pm by shebaben

shebaben Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:45am
post #1 of 8

Please help...I really need t know right now icon_redface.gif how to glue fondant to Rice Krispies Treats>>>>> I'm deep into this project (due tomorrow, of course!) and it just dawned on do I glue this stuff???????
thanks for your ever-present help! PAT

7 replies
diane223 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:51am
post #2 of 8

I never really have a problem getting it to stick.--maybe because my rice crispie treats are heavy on the marshmallow. But anyway, you could always use a little bit of water on the back of the fondant and that will get it sticky. Not a lot, sometimes I just wet my finger and run it around the piece of fondant I'm trying to stick. It really doesn't take much.

lapazlady Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:58am
post #3 of 8

I've used melted cooled chocolate and at other times, brushed a tiny bit of water onto the back of the fondant. The fondant should stick without any trouble.

tazzer Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:59am
post #4 of 8

Try a little piping gel or royal icing on the edges and it should stick. Mine always has icon_lol.gif

sugaah Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 12:24pm
post #5 of 8

I've frosted rice treats with buttercream to help smooth the lumps and to help fondant stick.

jlynnw Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 12:41pm
post #6 of 8

I like to use ganache or melted chocolate. However, just a touch of water should work.

artscallion Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 12:50pm
post #7 of 8
shebaben Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:40pm
post #8 of 8

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! I was hoping that sijmple old water might do it, but you've given me loads of other options, too, Thanks also for the link to the discussion about smoothing RKT's...that was really helpful too! You guys are the BEST icon_biggrin.gif I'm off to try.,..

Quote by @%username% on %date%