Cake Recipes That Are Ideal For 3D Cake Designs

Baking By TheJollyCakeBakery Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 11:40am by TheJollyCakeBakery

TheJollyCakeBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheJollyCakeBakery Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 9:07am
post #1 of 3

Hi there,
I'm very new to this site (only joined yesterday!) but have already found this to be such a great source of information and inspiration so I am very happy to now be a member thumbs_up.gif

I am just wondering if anyone has some tried and tested cake recipes that are ideal to carve when working on 3D designed cakes & that hold their shape well, I have a couple but would like to offer more choices that are tasty too. I have seen on here options where you can use ready made cake mix & pudding mix with added ingredients but I wondered if there are some recipes that are made completely from scratch. Any help & ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif Tara.

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 9:42am
post #2 of 3

Try pound cake - it is the ultimate carving cake. Maderia is a good cake as well. And both are really easy to turn into other flavours like adding rind, cocoa, coconut etc.
xx

TheJollyCakeBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheJollyCakeBakery Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:40am
post #3 of 3

Thank you brincess_b, I have previously used both kinds of cake but I will experiment with adding some new flavours thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%