Cake Recipes That Are Ideal For 3D Cake Designs

Baking By TheJollyCakeBakery Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 11:40am by TheJollyCakeBakery

TheJollyCakeBakery Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 9:07am
post #1 of 3

Hi there,
I'm very new to this site (only joined yesterday!) but have already found this to be such a great source of information and inspiration so I am very happy to now be a member thumbs_up.gif

I am just wondering if anyone has some tried and tested cake recipes that are ideal to carve when working on 3D designed cakes & that hold their shape well, I have a couple but would like to offer more choices that are tasty too. I have seen on here options where you can use ready made cake mix & pudding mix with added ingredients but I wondered if there are some recipes that are made completely from scratch. Any help & ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif Tara.

2 replies
brincess_b Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 9:42am
post #2 of 3

Try pound cake - it is the ultimate carving cake. Maderia is a good cake as well. And both are really easy to turn into other flavours like adding rind, cocoa, coconut etc.

TheJollyCakeBakery Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:40am
post #3 of 3

Thank you brincess_b, I have previously used both kinds of cake but I will experiment with adding some new flavours thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%