Help, My Banana Creme Filling Is Like Soup......

Baking By kisamarie Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 4:15pm by MadMillie

kisamarie Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:46am
post #1 of 6

I followed a banana creme recipe from CC and it is like soup! I even tried mixing banana pudding into it to thicken it up and it will still need the Hoover Dam of all buttercream dams to hold it in! Please does anyone know of a reliable banana creme filling recipe I can use instead? icon_sad.gif

5 replies
mcdonald Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:58am
post #2 of 6

do you have time to order it online?? Those sleeve fillings are very dependable and are a good, thick consistency

MadMillie Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:03am
post #3 of 6

If you want to salvage what you have made try to mix some cornstarch with a small amount of water or milk, then mix the mixture into the banana mixture over heat.

KoryAK Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:32am
post #4 of 6

You can mix whipping cream with pudding powder to make something similar and instant.

kisamarie Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:34am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMillie

If you want to salvage what you have made try to mix some cornstarch with a small amount of water or milk, then mix the mixture into the banana mixture over heat.

Should I use regular milk or the evaporated if I mix it with the cornstarch? I could order it online I guess, I just wanted to do it on my own...LOL I have another 15 bananas, and more evap milk, I think I subconciously bought more than I needed because I knew I would mess it up!

MadMillie Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry for not responding sooner. My family is on vacation and just happen to be stuck in the room with a stomach virus. I think you can try either one, whichever one you have on hand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%