Help!!! Baby Shower Cake For Tomorrow!!!!

Decorating By purpleluvncrafter Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 1:47pm by winny01

purpleluvncrafter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purpleluvncrafter Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 9

I made a pretty pink marshmallow fondant last week. I have kept it in the refrigerator in plastic bag. Pulled it out today to cover 3 cakes and it is falling apart and has air bubbles all over. Can I fix it??????????????

8 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 9

Never keep your fondant in the refrigerator. I just wrap my in plastic wrap and them tuck in a zip lock bag. It can sit in the pantry for weeks. Try kneading it and maybe kneading in shortening a little at a time. I am afraid you may have to make a new batch though. Sorry it happened.

sharlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlanet Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 9

Try putting it in the microwave for a few seconds at a time to warm it up and get it pliable again.

LuluSweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuluSweetArt Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with both suggestions, try a few seconds in the microwave to warm it up and make it pliable and then start adding Crisco. It's amazing what a little Crisco can do.

purpleluvncrafter Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 1:22am
post #5 of 9

thank you! my problem now is that we got the layers on ok--but the top 2 layers are sweaty and look like they are going to melt. Any way to save this???

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 1:44am
post #6 of 9

Stick it in the fridge for 10 mins

bethasd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethasd Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 2:00am
post #7 of 9

It may take a couple hours while coming to room temp for the wet, stickiness to go away but try a fan. It's just condensation that needs to evaporate.

purpleluvncrafter Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:44am
post #8 of 9

Thank you!! we have the cakes covered in fondant and stacked together. Now-when we came home-the top tiers are melting into the bottom tier. The bottom tier is fine-it is the top two. They are very sticky and gooey. So-I guess I have no choice but to put it back in the fridge to harden ad then try to fix it in the morning! It has sunk quite a bit-don't know why. I am so frustrated and I just gave in--I have no time to rebake the top cakes-and make more fondant and cover them-then decorate. I will just keep praying it won't look as bad tomorrow as it does tonigh!

winny01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winny01 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 1:47pm
post #9 of 9

Sorry you are having such problems. I put my mmf in frig. all the time. I usually take it out the night before I have to use it, then microwave for about 10-15 seconds and its good to go. Maybe you had a bad batch of marshmellows. Hope everything worked out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%