Need Just A Little Bit Now And Then...

Decorating By jagvipers Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 2:13am by kristanashley

jagvipers Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

What do you use when you need just a little BC for a mini cake? Do you use disposeable pastry bags? Do you make your own? How about the tips? Do you keep a bag of white BC in a pastry bag in the freeze with a tip for when you need it? I'm just wondering how I can not waste so many pastry bags when I just need a little. Do I buy a bunch of couplers and put those on the ends so I can use my tips as I need them? Did any of this question make sense? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 5

Parchment bags are actually nice for when you need to use small amounts, especially since you can make half size bags as well.

Elcee Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 5

I know they're hard to clean but I usually use Wilton Featherweight bags. I have 5 or 6 8" ones. When I do use disposable bags I try to use them at least twice. I also save even little bits of leftover frosting in the freezer so I always have a few colors on hand for things like dots and flower centers. Caking is a hobby for me so I try to economize wherever I can.

CWR41 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:46am
post #4 of 5

Parchment paper is great for making your own bags because you can make them as big or as small as you need.

kristanashley Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 5

For little things, I use sandwich bags and I cut the corner off and shove my tip down in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%