Need Just A Little Bit Now And Then...

Decorating By jagvipers Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 2:13am by kristanashley

jagvipers  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jagvipers Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

What do you use when you need just a little BC for a mini cake? Do you use disposeable pastry bags? Do you make your own? How about the tips? Do you keep a bag of white BC in a pastry bag in the freeze with a tip for when you need it? I'm just wondering how I can not waste so many pastry bags when I just need a little. Do I buy a bunch of couplers and put those on the ends so I can use my tips as I need them? Did any of this question make sense? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
 TexasSugar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 5

Parchment bags are actually nice for when you need to use small amounts, especially since you can make half size bags as well.

Elcee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 5

I know they're hard to clean but I usually use Wilton Featherweight bags. I have 5 or 6 8" ones. When I do use disposable bags I try to use them at least twice. I also save even little bits of leftover frosting in the freezer so I always have a few colors on hand for things like dots and flower centers. Caking is a hobby for me so I try to economize wherever I can.

CWR41  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:46am
post #4 of 5

Parchment paper is great for making your own bags because you can make them as big or as small as you need.

kristanashley  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 5

For little things, I use sandwich bags and I cut the corner off and shove my tip down in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%