Which Brand Of Fondant Is Your Favorite To Use?

Decorating By vanilla-bean Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 8:02pm by amygortoncakes

vanilla-bean Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I'm new here. Just wondering what everyone's favorite brand of fondant is to use? I'm just sick of making my own fondant and/or MMF so I was wondering what the general consensus is? Satin Ice? Pettinice? Choco-Pan? etc.?

5 replies
blissfulbaker Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

I love Carma fondant. It is very easy to work with and does not dry out quickly as some of the others.

LuluSweetArt Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 6

It kind of depends on what I'm using it for. For white, ivory, or fondant I plan to color myself, I use FondX. It is very forgiving and has a nice flavor. If I'm being lazy and just want to buy pre-colored fondant, particularly black or red, I use Satin Ice. I don't like the workability or the flavor as well as the FondX, but I do love the rich color palette that is available. If I need fondant for cookies or cupcakes, something purely for flavor, I use Fondarific. It has, by far, the best flavor. But it never dries out and I dislike the working consistency. I really think it comes down to personal preference and what it's intended for.

andreamen1 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 6

I like Fondx it tastes great and easy to work with

idgalpal Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with LuLuSweetArt, it depends on what I'm doing with it.
Chocopan for wedding cakes is my fav. I 've used all three of their white shades. The taste is great. I use Duff's black and red for accent pieces when I need those colors because I can get it locally with a 40% off coupon. I like Satin Ice also for general use.

amygortoncakes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 6

Where do you guys get these different brands of fondant? I am stuck using Wiltons and I would love to try something else but never see them at the cake stores etc. I know there is online...but is that the route everyone goes.

I am with idgalpal and the 40% off coupons. We are shopping at the same places...LOL.

Have you printed them off the internet and gone to every store in town to get everything 40% off. I have to admit I have. Shameful I know...but also true.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%