Which Brand Of Fondant Is Your Favorite To Use?

Decorating By vanilla-bean Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 8:02pm by amygortoncakes

vanilla-bean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanilla-bean Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I'm new here. Just wondering what everyone's favorite brand of fondant is to use? I'm just sick of making my own fondant and/or MMF so I was wondering what the general consensus is? Satin Ice? Pettinice? Choco-Pan? etc.?

5 replies
blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

I love Carma fondant. It is very easy to work with and does not dry out quickly as some of the others.

LuluSweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuluSweetArt Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 6

It kind of depends on what I'm using it for. For white, ivory, or fondant I plan to color myself, I use FondX. It is very forgiving and has a nice flavor. If I'm being lazy and just want to buy pre-colored fondant, particularly black or red, I use Satin Ice. I don't like the workability or the flavor as well as the FondX, but I do love the rich color palette that is available. If I need fondant for cookies or cupcakes, something purely for flavor, I use Fondarific. It has, by far, the best flavor. But it never dries out and I dislike the working consistency. I really think it comes down to personal preference and what it's intended for.

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 6

I like Fondx it tastes great and easy to work with

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with LuLuSweetArt, it depends on what I'm doing with it.
Chocopan for wedding cakes is my fav. I 've used all three of their white shades. The taste is great. I use Duff's black and red for accent pieces when I need those colors because I can get it locally with a 40% off coupon. I like Satin Ice also for general use.

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 6

Where do you guys get these different brands of fondant? I am stuck using Wiltons and I would love to try something else but never see them at the cake stores etc. I know there is online...but is that the route everyone goes.

I am with idgalpal and the 40% off coupons. We are shopping at the same places...LOL.

Have you printed them off the internet and gone to every store in town to get everything 40% off. I have to admit I have. Shameful I know...but also true.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%