Question About The Twin Baby Cakes

Decorating By tsc1220 Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 7:30pm by tsc1220

tsc1220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsc1220 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 4

I saw a picture of the twin baby cakes by hockeymom and absolutely love them. My friend wants me to make them for her shower. In the pic it looks like there was only a single cake layer used. Can anyone tell me if that is the case? I am thinking if I only use a single and then cut it in half to add a filling it may be too thin but then when I stack two 8" cakes it looks funny being so thick (4in). HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Tami

3 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 4

It would help if you could link a picture of the cake. icon_smile.gif

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 4

Is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=33581

I think you're right that it's a single layer. If you want it a little thicker, you could try lining your pan with parchment paper on the sides and filling the pan a little higher. I'm guessing you don't have a 3" pan? If you did, you could fill it a higher than you would a 2" to get a little more height without it looking odd.

But, I've often torted my 2" layers in order to have 3 layers of filling when I've done a 4" cake, so I don't see why you couldn't torte it in this instance. Just don't overfill it.

tsc1220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsc1220 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 4

Yes that is the cake I am talking about. For the heads I have an 8x3 but for the body I only had a 10x2. Thank you so much for the advice! Hopefully it come out as nice as this one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%