What's Your Go-To Chocolate Fudge Filling

Baking By bluejeannes Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm by crazyladybaker

bluejeannes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluejeannes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 9

What chocolate fudge filling do you usually use for filling a cake? Im totally craving chocolate and I want to make a cake with fudge filling (mmmm!!) Thanks in advance!!

8 replies
bluejeannes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluejeannes Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 9

no one has a chocolate fudge recipe that they want to share?!!

careylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
careylynn Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 9

I'd like one too icon_smile.gif I sooo prefer chocolate fudge frosting over chocolate buttercream!!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 9

Can't go wrong with whipped chocolate ganache thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 9

for chocolate anything, I use the recipe on the side of the hershey cocoa can.

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 9

I'd love a good answer, too. Chocolate buttercream just doesn't do it for me. I want a fudgy filling! Been looking a while now icon_sad.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 9

I'm on vacation, so I don't have it in front of me. It may even be what Indydeb said: I'm not sure. In several of my Hershey cookbooks is an incredible chocolate fudge buttercream recipe. You chose the degree of chocolate you want (light, medium, dark) based on the amount of cocoa you use. You cook the cocoa initially w/ butter in a sauce pan, and after it cools you beat it with the sugar, etc. I have been using that recipe for about 30 yrs, and it never fails. I've only ever used the highest amount of cocoa, as I want the choclatiest (is that a word), fudgiest frosting I can find. Everyone who likes chocolate has always loved this frosting.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 9

My favorite is a fairly thick coating of chocolate ganache, followed by a thick layer of chocolate buttercream (made with Hershey's recipe off the can... all butter, no shortening.) The ganache adds more deep, bittersweet chocolate flavor, plus a nice fudgy texture. Yum!

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 9

Here is a link to a previous post on this and my favorite recipe for a fudge type filling/frosting.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-698038.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%