Cupcake Recipe?

Baking By catou333 Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 11:01pm by catou333

catou333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catou333 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 4

I try few recipe and they were very disappointing so I want to know if I can use a cake recipe to make cupcake?
If not what's the difference between a cake and a cupcake recipe?

3 replies
LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 4

Under the cupcake section there is section that is called something like a serious disscussion about cupcakes. You should start there. They have so much information there. HTH

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 4

I use cake recipes all the time for my cupcakes. But not all my cake recipes. Cakes tend to need to be more dense for holding up under fondant/stacking/etc, and cupcakes are usually more soft and fluffy (IMO). We like our cakes to bake up flat so that we dont have to level off so much, cupcakes have a little dome. I use the herseys recipe (on the back of their cocoa box) for both because it is very moist, and a texture I like. If you bump up the temp for the cupcakes (350-400) it will create the dome, if you cake at 325 for cake, you will have a nice even cake. I'm no professional, this is just some of the things I do. I have a carrot cake recipe I could NEVER use for cupcakes. HTH. I also recommend reading the cupcake forums.

catou333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catou333 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 4

thanks!

my cupcake never have dome, I think it's because I use an egg replacer instead of normal egg due to my daughter's allergy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%