How Do I Make A 3-D Barn?

Decorating By book03 Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 3:53pm by dinascakes

book03 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 2

Hey, I'm making a barn yard cake. Through searching on this site it seems that make RKT may be the easiest way. Is there a template I can download or something to help me carve it? Or has anyone out there made one and have step by step instructions on how to do it? Is RKT the easiest way? The cake will sit on a 9x13 sheet cake, so what size should the barn be? I want it to be in proportion and all.......

HELP!!! Thank you!

1 reply
dinascakes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 2

I use the ready made RKT bars. I usually turn the pan over in front of me while I'm making it so I can constantly measure the size I want. There's no actual template, I think. It's a basic cube shape with a triangle on top. I just put the RKT side by side and start stacking until I see its big enough for the cake I'm making. THat's why I keep the pan in front of me. At the top I stack two extra RKT and then carve from the center out in a triangular shape. That's for the roof. Then cover in BC and Fondant and add the details. It's not too complicated. Fairly simple structure. You can make it as big or small as you want. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%