It's About Time, Hollywood!

Lounge By kansaslaura

kansaslaura Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 1

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with what Perez Hilton said/did yesterday.

You know him as the gay, bitchy, hateful, nasty blogger who has made millions bashing and saying horrendous things about celebrities. Terrible things, horrible names, degrading, despicable, malicious things.

What's the big deal, you might ask? The big deal is our kids, who are being raised by Hollywood, see someone like him make MILLIONS, become famous and get the attention they crave by doing the very thing we as parents tell them is wrong.

Its really not much of a stretch for a child, pre-teen or teen that, with their own insecurities, takes the leap and follows Perezs lead. I mean, it works for him, right? Look at all the attention he gets! Look at all that bling!! And its all from being nothing more than a well-publicized bully.

It's absolutely tragic it took the recent suicide of the gay college student to FINALLY bring this to the foreground. (Maybe that finally hit Perez where he lives??)

It's no wonder our schools are full of this very thing. The trouble is, the kids on the receiving end of this aren't celebrities who have the $$$ to fight back or, worse yet enjoy the attention-- It gets them MORE headlines, right??

Now, if we could get Hollywood on board with sex and drugs our kids might have a chance.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%