Client Pickup; Waiver Forms?

Business By BethLS Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm by thumbs

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I know this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find any links on my CC search directing me to a customizable/printable form waiving my responsibility once a cake is out of my hands.

I have a client picking up a wedding cake tomorrow, and will be driving it 3 hours away to the reception venue. (Heck, the bride and grooms are from Las Vegas, and are being married in MI!)

Does anyone have such a form I could use?

Thankyou in advance!

Beth

4 replies
BethLS Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 5

Well...I got a waiver (thanks fellow CC'er grassmyer!) and couldn't be more happy that I did.

They picked up four cakes (a three tier unstacked) and a 48 serving sheet cake in a packed-to the brim, just-came-from Georgia to Michigan small sedan. icon_eek.gif Eeek! Cake horror. Or rather cakewreck waiting to happen!

There was no floor space. Period. No trunk space, period. (packed FULL, with boxes and suitcases!) So, unfortunately, the only way for the cakes to travel was on top of suitcases (mostly level, at least!) piled in the backseat. Very scary, and one of my worst nightmares. I had them sign the release before I took the cakes out to the car. thumbs_up.gif

I havent heard anything from them...so I'm hoping that no new is good news, Lol.

Lesson learned: Never allowing pickups for wedding cakes ever ever ever again!

(and for those interested, it is the very first wedding cake in my galary I just uploaded. Its a three tier with brown ribbon and small green flowers. The Ninendo cake was also theirs!)

Stacey75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stacey75 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 5

OMG I would be going crazy!!! Did you tell them prior topuck up that they would need a large flat area? What were they thinking? They deserve to be smacked for being so stupid

BethLS Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 5

Yes! Of course I told them that they'd need a flat, very level surface, and recommened the back of an SUV or Van. So the bride sends her sister in a teeny tiny car packed full of junk. icon_confused.gif

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 5

Glad you were able to get the waiver before they came.

I had a small celebration cake that was being picked up yesterday. Told them what to bring towel to level out the front seat as well as a flat surface.

He showed up with nothing! So I thought okay, we can manage. Well his car was full of garbage. Water bottle, coffee cups, etc everywhere...floors and seats.

He cleaned out the floor of the front seat and that's where it went. All day I have been thinking I need to put a waiver together for transportation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%