Bake Tuesday For Sunday Party?

Decorating By sechrestloans Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 2:25am by sechrestloans

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:48am
post #1 of 9

Is it ok to bake a cake Tuesday, frost, and fill. Carve and decorate on Wed for an early Thursday delivery. The party itself isn't till Sunday afternoon. It will be all buttercream with fondant accents. Is this ok?

8 replies
sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 9

I'm sure nothing is going to happen to it, but it seems like a long time to me as far as it staying fresh. Why is the delivery so far away from the party date?

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 9

Why the need for such a drawn-out process? I wouldn't do it - your cake flavor (as well as design) is your reputation. Why take a chance on it being dry/stale? Alternatively, could you bake/freeze early in the week and bring out on Sunday?

sechrestloans Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 9

This is what I thought. I will be out of town for my 10th anniversary leaving Thursday afternoon and someone wants a cake for that Sunday afternoon. I wont be back till Monday morning. I hate to turn people away, but I dont think I will be able to do this one.

tpatmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tpatmore Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 9

I would say no to the job. Better to lose one job than risk it not being good and maybe losing future jobs.

Brenda41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda41 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 9

Sometimes its better to say no.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 9

I wouldn't want to buy a 6 day old cake, and that is what that would be. The only way I'd do it is if they were able to put the decorated cake in the freezer from Thurday to Saturday night. But even then I think it is inviting issues and would just pass.

Do you really want to be working on a cake the two days before you leave for a trip?

sechrestloans Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 9

I agree, It is not worth the bad rep. Thank you all!

sechrestloans Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:25am
post #9 of 9

Well I discussed it with the client and we compromised. icon_biggrin.gif I am not going to leave until Friday afternoon and she moved the party to Saturday. So im going to deliver it Friday morning for a Saturday party. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%