Decorating By wendalls Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 3:02am by Jada77

wendalls Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:41am
post #1 of 6

Is there any way I can do quilting with out the special tool?


5 replies
chocolatestone Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:53am
post #2 of 6

I use the tracing wheel (I think that's what it's called) from a sewing kit cause I've never seen the quilting tool available where I'm from. Works like a charm.

heroes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 9:09am
post #3 of 6

I bought the so called quilting effect tool last week, I say so called because its rubbish, I really think she sold me the wrong item, It was a plastic gate effect thingy, I tried it out on a dummy cake I have and it looks awful, I think I shall try what chocolatestone uses in the future,

brincess_b Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 9:21am
post #4 of 6

You can just use a sharp knife or the sharp edge of a ruler to make the lines.

wendalls Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

Great ideas team - thanks!

Jada77 Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 6

I use a ruller to score, then prick holes with a tooth pick all the way along, works well for me? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%