Cupcake Genius Pan - Product Review :)

Baking By sillywabbitz Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 11:08pm by ILoveDaffodils

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:02am
post #1 of 6

So I literally accidentally came across the cupcake genius pan while at a big trade days. I tried it out and wrote up a little product review. Pics and details can be found at http://www.keeponcaking.com/2010/10/cupcake-genius-pan-is-genius/
But I have to say I dig it! It was super easy to use...a bit harder to clean but that's because I don't want to put it in the dishwasher but maybe I'll get over that.

If you've used it, I'd love any thoughts you have. It's available on the home shopping network and through Avon.
Happy Caking.

Cristy

5 replies
All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:28am
post #2 of 6

I love mine. I asked this question a couple of months ago, and basically got told I was a fool to waste money on it. This from people who hadn't even used it after I had asked for comments from people who had ACTUALLY used it. You don't waste cake and you are able to get more filling in the cupcake. You can also fill with things you might not want to bake in your batter. (TRUFFLES, Ferror Roche). It gets a big thumbs up from me.

durell87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 6

hey i just read your review and it looks pretty cool i think i would definitly give it a try. just a quick question on your cupcake in your review what tip did you use for your icing swirl? 1m? it looks bigger but i like it!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 6

All4show, I have to admit I was skeptical but willing to try it and I love it. I'm glad you didn't listen to the nay sayers.

Durell87, it's a 1M tip but I do the double swirl. I do a flat swirl first then a second smaller swirl in top. Honestly I think it is way too much frosting but I live the look.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 6

A friend gave me one but I haven't tried it yet. I have never done a filled cupcake and am a little intimidated/lazy to have to do a cupcake, frosting and filling flavor. But I am glad to know it works well, that gives me a little more motivation to try it. Thanks.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the review. It loks like it creates a nice well for lots of filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%