Looking For Cake Classes South Shore Of Boston

Decorating By bnmusician Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 1:32am by bnmusician

bnmusician Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnmusician Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 7

I took the Wilton courses a few years ago. I am looking for classes that are more current and advanced. I have looked online and all I keep finding are college courses in Boston. I keep seeing, here on CC, people saying they have taken cake classes with certain teachers and they post the most amazing pictures of thier cakes! I cant seem to find anything like that around here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Im also looking for classes to learn how to do sugar work.

Thank you!

6 replies
aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:10am
post #2 of 7

Funny, I've only found them on the South Shore....Can you tell me where you find them in Boston? I've only found Lorraine's in Hanover...google it and it comes right up as I don't think we can post links to other places on here....

Ally

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 7

How far are you willing to travel, I know a great teacher but he holds classes in prov. Where are you located/

bnmusician Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks, Ally. I will try to Google it again.
All Ive found are classes at Le cordob Blue or college courses. Which, I would like to do someday but right now I just want to take a few classes. I took the classes at Lorraines in Hanover. They were just the basic Wilton classes that you can find almost anywhere. They were good for a beginner, but I want something more advances if I can find it.

Where in Providence???

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:39am
post #5 of 7

The Mass Chapter of ICES holds classes/Days of Sharing 4 times a year, all over the state of Mass.

Our next one is the last weekend of January, in Rockland MA, and we will have Dianne Gruenneberg teaching and demonstrating.

I'll be posting more info in the 'Events' section as soon as it's all finalized.

~Michelle
MassICES State Rep

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

The Mass Chapter of ICES holds classes/Days of Sharing 4 times a year, all over the state of Mass.

Our next one is the last weekend of January, in Rockland MA, and we will have Dianne Gruenneberg teaching and demonstrating.

I'll be posting more info in the 'Events' section as soon as it's all finalized.

~Michelle
MassICES State Rep

Yay! icon_biggrin.gif

bnmusician Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:32am
post #7 of 7

@chelleb1974 , Thank you!! Im the next town over from Rockland. Sounds perfect! I sent you a pm.
Becky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%