Tiered Bundts, Anyone Done One?

Decorating By nana_marta Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 4:16am by ayerim979

nana_marta Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 6

I have a n oreder for a cake of three tiered bundts. Can anyone give me pointers on how they have done this? The pictures all look like they are just purely stacked with boards between, but there surely has to be a trick??!!

5 replies
CakesbyCarla Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 6

Do you have a pic or a link? I'm trying to find something but no luck. I'd be better help with a visual. icon_rolleyes.gif

DianeLM Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:04am
post #3 of 6

I would think there would be dowels inside each cake supporting the board and cake above it.

CakesbyCarla Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:34am
post #4 of 6

I'm assuming they are directly on top of one another and no space in between?

I found this pic - it's the only thing I could find.

If you are doing a graduating size (one smaller on top of a larger), it will just depend on where they make contact. This one in the pic I doubt you'd be able to get dowels in there that would do much good.

I'd be more willing to bet they have something solid underneath (foam block or something?) and the cake is on a cake board on top. Maybe royal icing it or hot glue it in place and to the main cake board on the bottom?

I don't know. I guess it depends on the sizes, like I said. What sizes are you using??

auzzi Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:01am
post #5 of 6

They are probably using a stand that uses a central pole as a support

ayerim979 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:16am
post #6 of 6
Originally Posted by auzzi

They are probably using a stand that uses a central pole as a support

I was just going to suggest that as well. something that runs a pole threw the middle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%