Question About Filling With Whipped Cream

Decorating By Jess1019 Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 12:13am by jenscreativity

Jess1019 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 7

So, I want to make a carved fire truck for my nephews birthday. It will be Iced with traditional cream cheese frostng and covered in fondant.

My question is can I fill it with Whipped cream frosting? Will it last in the frig during the two days it will take me to cover and decorate before the party.

This is the recipe I planned on using:

8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Almond
2 cups heavy cream

6 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 7

Two days should be fine but why don't you use a crusting butter cream then you wouldn't have the worry.

Jess1019 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

Since I have never used whip cream frosting I was afraid it wouldn't stay whipped after two days and would turn into a runny mess. Are you saying it keeps its consistency?

I am only doing the cream cheese as the crumb coat because that is what my sister asked for and since the whipped cream recipe has a little cream cheese in it as well I thought the flavors would balance ok.

Sweetwise Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 7

I always stabilize my whipped cream with clear piping gel. Keeps it from going back to a liquid state. I would love to give you more details by diverting you to my entry where I made Caroline's Wedding Cake on my blog, but that seems to be against rules. Hope the piping gel tip helps! Hers lasted for days (in fridge), even with fresh strawberries in it. Good luck!

ILoveDaffodils Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 7

Streetwise - thanks for information about the piping gel. I have been afrraid to use whipped cream filling for fear it would separate. I am going to try this.

Jess1019 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 7

AWESOME!!! Thanks Sweetwise!!!

jenscreativity Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:13am
post #7 of 7

I use piping gel in my whipped cream icings and it works great in room temp also!! ALso, I heard if you add a little cornstarch to COLORED or REG icing,,it helps from bleeding.
Best of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%