Sugarshacks Wed. Bouqt/cn I Tweak W/creme Boqet & Almnd

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 13 Oct 2010 , 3:31pm by mbark

dalis4joe Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:19am
post #1 of 7

I need to make SugarShack's BC.... but my Wedding Bouquet order has not arrived yet... locally, I was able to buy some Creme Bouquet.... when I got home and smelled it it wa not like wedding bouquet... it smells more citrucy... my ? is.... being that I also have at hand some Almond Emulsion and Butter Flavor and Vanilla Extract.... does anone now how to teeak the creme bouquet to make it taste somewhat like wedding bouquet? and if so how much of each to add to make a batch for the 6 Qt. KA mixer?

Thanks in Advane

6 replies
dalis4joe Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 7

thanks.... I need to make this buttercream today... because of course leaving things trying to wait for my shipment to get here and it hasn't... now I leave this evening to Georgia (to Pick up my son from CBoot Camp in FOrt Benning GA! WOOOOHOOOO!) so I must do it before I leave lol (that's cutting it close huh?) hehehehe

artscallion Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 7

I think wedding bouquet is basically a mixture of almond, butter and vanilla flavorings. Whereas creme bouquet is a mixture of vanilla and lemon. So I would add a little almond and butter flavor to the creme bouquet. Maybe you'll come up with a whole new, even better, flavor!

dalis4joe Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 7

lol that would be hard to top... wedding bouquet is my super bestesess favorite lol... but I am thinking here....

If it's 12 tablespoons of wedding bouquet

then maybe do 6 tablespoons of creme bouquet plus 6 tablespoons of Almond Emulsion plus 4 tablespoons of vanilla extract....

anyone thinks this sound like it Could??? work?

or does anyone know how to work out the ratio thingy for things like this?

dalis4joe Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 7

just foun this ecipe.... I think I'm nna try it... sounds good and it uses the creme bouquet....

? though... can I replace the powdered milk with creamer? I think so right?

Buttercream Icing Recipe II - Holds up in humidity better Faux Fondant
This recipe and the instructions are from a lovely lady name "Sewsweet." I thank her very much.

2 cups Crisco shortening
4 pounds powdered (confectioners') sugar
1/2 cup corn starch
1/3 cup powdered milk mixed with enough water to make 1 cup
1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon clear butter extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon Crème Royale or crème bouquet, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt
Viva paper towels*

* You want a paper towel that has no design imprinted for smoothing your icing The trick is to smooth it with Viva paper towels when the icing is slightly crusted.

(mod edited to prevent copyright violation.)

DeeDelightful Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 7

i don't think i'd add the cream bouquet, because that citrus flavor can be overpowering. I'd mix vanilla, butter and almond. That's mostly what i use all the time. I'm not sure MOST people prefer the citrusy flavor of the cream bouquet.

mbark Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 3:31pm
post #7 of 7

the Creme bouquet is WAY overpowering IMO, if you use it use a teeny bit. I do my own mix of vanilla, butter flavor & almond and think it's even better than Wedding Bouquet. And cheaper. And locally available.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%