sgirvan Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 5:32pm
post #1 of

I was wondering if anyone has tried using kool-aid in their buttercream for color and taste, if so how did it turn out?

Thanks
Shayla

8 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 5:47pm
post #2 of

I never tried it, but my first thoughts are that it might make the buttercream somewhat gritty and way too sweet.

MrsMissey Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 6:27pm
post #3 of

Yes, I've tried it when making purple buttercream icing! My advice...don't do it!! I didn't end up with a purple color and it tasted terrilbe! thumbsdown.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 8:33pm
post #4 of

I've heard many people recommend it but I just can't bring myself to trying it. I can't even imagine it being good.

Carriemyvoice Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 8:41pm
post #5 of

That just does not sound good to me. I can't imagine how it tastes. icon_confused.gif To me Kool-ade is for drinking, not cake icing. icon_rolleyes.gif

linnburg Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 8:41pm
post #6 of

It's A-W-F-U-L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi

MrsMissey Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 9:32pm
post #7 of

..as if you need any more replies to help you decide......I also tried using the red Kool-Aid. Wrong!!! The flavors are soooooooo intense that it almost makes your eyes water! Just thought I'd share that with ya!! icon_biggrin.gif

sgirvan Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 5:57am
post #8 of

Wow, I guess I know what not to try icon_biggrin.gif thanks

flayvurdfun Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 11:53am
post #9 of

I personally havent tried this, but I know a girl who did. She used the already sweetened koolaid and I dont know how much she added, but it was ok! But I think it interferred with the taste of the cake and icing. Of course I couldnt bring myself to telling her that!. The color came out a light lilac, it was pretty, not gritty, but the taste conflicted I think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%