Mixing Choco-Pan And Gumpaste

Decorating By joyfulalto Updated 13 Oct 2010 , 10:39pm by sillywabbitz

joyfulalto Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 6:31am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone ever mixed choco-pan and gumpaste to make flowers, bows, etc? Does it get hard like fondant mixed with gumpaste? Does it take longer than normal to dry? Finally, assuming it gets hard and since it is a chocolate based product, if it gets warm will it soften?

Thanks for any input.

2 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 3

I don't recommend it, honestly.

Because of all of the oil in chocolate based products, things often don't harden completely. They are vulnerable to heat and can soften, wilt, and melt.

It's much wiser to use straight gum paste, or to mix regular fondant w/ gumpaste or add tylose/cmc to fondant to make bows, flowers, etc. if they're items that need to be firm--and stay firm.

Rae

sillywabbitz Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 3

I am sure you can email them and ask but I wouldn't think it would work that well since choco-pan is so soft. Are you asking because you have choco-pan on hand? That's an expensive fondant to use on things that won't get eaten. If you want a fondant/gumpaste mix for things that won't be eaten, I'd run to michael's and buy the Wilton fondant with a coupon.

I have mixed choco-pan with regular fondant to for covering a cake but that was for workability in high heat situations.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%