Chilean Mine Rescue Live Video

Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 3:15am by playingwithsugar

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 1:24am
post #1 of 8

For those who might be interested, my local TV station has live video streams of the efforts to rescue the Chilean miners who have been trapped underground since August (I believe). The video stream is through Associated Press, but I do not know if they have it on their website.

Look under the Happening Now headings on the homepage.

http://www.wfmz.com/index.html

May God hear our prayers for the miners, their families, and those who are working to save their lives.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 3:16am
post #2 of 8

The first one is on the surface! Woo hoo!

cheftracy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftracy Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 9:08am
post #3 of 8

They are up to 7 now with the 8th getting into the capsule. I am riveted. Anyone else watching this?

GeorgieP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgieP Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:29am
post #4 of 8

This is so exciting! Every time I saw them on TV I got anxious just thinking about it. I can't imagine being in that position for that amount of time. I am so relieved that they are being rescued! icon_smile.gif

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 12:39pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks be to God for preserving every single one of these precious lives. I'm sure their families are so relieved and happy to have their loved ones back on the surface. PTL! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 8

I just watched #23 come up, from the time he got into the capsule until the time he surfaced. Of course, my eyes were tearing up the whole time, with the floodgate opening as he got to the top.

Happily, it's all running ahead of schedule. Just 10 more to go.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:46am
post #7 of 8

YEAH! They are all at the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom and I were glued to the live BBC coverage!!!!!!!!!! That is totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

playingwithsugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:15am
post #8 of 8

Yes, isn't it wonderful? I'm still watching, as they are now bringing up the rescue team members who went down to assist in the securing of the miners in the capsule for transport to the surface. There's only one or two more to go.

Other than the entire rescue effort in general, I am very impressed that the President of Chile has been on the scene for the entire effort. Even though the miners are all now above ground, I spotted him on the screen a few minutes ago, waiting for the last of the rescue crew to come up. I find that to be the most noble gesture I have ever seen a leader of any nation perform.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%