Cake Photography

Business By jessnsam Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 9:08pm by loriemoms

jessnsam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessnsam Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, what does everyone use for the background when taking photographs of cakes?

thanks

Jess

4 replies
online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 5

I use various fabrics hanging behind and draped over my display tables. I feel it gives them a more polished look.

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 5

I have found out from this website that your photograph can either make or break your cake. So I bought one of those 'tri-side' cardboard display things that are used for science projects and throw either black or white fabric over it on my kitchen island (I'm a home baker and don't have display tablesicon_smile.gif. Works just fine and I'm always on the look out for different fabrics to use as a background.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 5

I bought a white and black king size sheet that i use for most of my photos. But i also have purchased curtains and large blankets too use. I purchased all of these items on clearance so i didn't have to pay for yards of fabric, plus they are wider than your standard fabric also.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

I have found out from this website that your photograph can either make or break your cake. So I bought one of those 'tri-side' cardboard display things that are used for science projects and throw either black or white fabric over it on my kitchen island (I'm a home baker and don't have display tablesicon_smile.gif. Works just fine and I'm always on the look out for different fabrics to use as a background.

I do the same thing, I found one in black and didnt have to do anything to it.

My problem is at weddings, where the light is so low!! We have learned where the light switch is at a lot of venus as I hate flash wedding cake photos! But it is still a delima! Make good friends with the Pros to get copies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%