Business Suggestions, Halloween?

Decorating By cakemaster10 Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm by kakeladi

cakemaster10 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

I am starting my business by word of mouth, I want to make some specials or sales for halloween any suggestions on how to get orders?

2 replies
cakemama2010 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 3

You could probably print up some flyers pretty inexpensively and ask the local schools what they require to have your flyers distributed in the Friday take-home papers. I know we get all kinds of flyers for local businesses in the kids' backpacks every week. Or there's always Craigslist.

kakeladi Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 3

Do you attend church?
Pass out flyers to beauty salons; offices; banks; any professional buildings you deal with; Nursing homes, hospitals, doctors' offices. I lived mostly in small towns and that's what I did. I'd go by any block of professional offices and go door to door.
Sometimes I took samples to show what can be offered. Sometimes just a flyer.
Of course, some places won't let you leave any info. Don't be upset. Just thank them and leaveicon_smile.gif
Anywhere lots of people (mostly women) work. They usually don't have time to go 'shopping' for specialty items like you are offering.
Ask if you can leave a flyer in the break room. Make sure you take some tape, tacks etc so you can post the flyer.
Leave a small stack of them at places like the hair salons where people come and go all day - with your business cards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%