Business Suggestions, Halloween?

Decorating By cakemaster10 Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm by kakeladi

cakemaster10  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaster10 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

I am starting my business by word of mouth, I want to make some specials or sales for halloween any suggestions on how to get orders?

2 replies
 cakemama2010  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama2010 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 3

You could probably print up some flyers pretty inexpensively and ask the local schools what they require to have your flyers distributed in the Friday take-home papers. I know we get all kinds of flyers for local businesses in the kids' backpacks every week. Or there's always Craigslist.

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 3

Do you attend church?
Pass out flyers to beauty salons; offices; banks; any professional buildings you deal with; Nursing homes, hospitals, doctors' offices. I lived mostly in small towns and that's what I did. I'd go by any block of professional offices and go door to door.
Sometimes I took samples to show what can be offered. Sometimes just a flyer.
Of course, some places won't let you leave any info. Don't be upset. Just thank them and leaveicon_smile.gif
Anywhere lots of people (mostly women) work. They usually don't have time to go 'shopping' for specialty items like you are offering.
Ask if you can leave a flyer in the break room. Make sure you take some tape, tacks etc so you can post the flyer.
Leave a small stack of them at places like the hair salons where people come and go all day - with your business cards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%