Spanish Flowers?

Decorating By cakefairy03 Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 8:04am by mila1969

cakefairy03 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a spanish tile cake. I would like to add flowers to it, but not really sure what types are popular spanish flowers? Any suggestions? Also, the tiles will be green, blue, white, orange, and yellow/gold. Should I match one of those colors for my flowers? Or do a bold red (which is what I think of when I think of spanish flowers)? TIA!

8 replies
Zahrah Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 9

The Pomegranate flower is the official flower of spain. It is a fiery red color. I would imagine that's not an easy flower to find. Flamenco dancers very often will wear a red carnation in their hair clip, this is probably much easier to find or make. ShopBakersNook should have them in red. You may be able to find them at DiscountSugarFlowers too. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head...

Zahrah Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 9

The Pomegranate flower is the official flower of spain. It is a fiery red color. I would imagine that's not an easy flower to find. Flamenco dancers very often will wear a red carnation in their hair clip, this is probably much easier to find or make. ShopBakersNook should have them in red. You may be able to find them at DiscountSugarFlowers too. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head...

cakefairy03 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 12:02am
post #4 of 9

Thanks! I did look online and read about the same flowers. I will actually be making the flowers. But, should I make them red? or would it be better if I tried to match one of the tile's colors (blue, green, orange, yellow/gold)? Thanks!

EllieA Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 9

I don't know if the Pomegranate Flower is the flower of Spain or not but the one thing I know is that if you think gypsies, flamenco, guitars, you think carnations. And they are easy to do. That's all I'm saying....

GermanPie Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 9

In some areas in spain they have beautiful almond blossoms, in the spring

and they have a lot of Bougainvillea

Best

Ines

Zahrah Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 9

Personally, I think the red would be brilliant and pop but be open to what your artist-eye says is right. None of us will have the benefit of being able to see the cake.

EllieA - What kind of comment is that??? The Pomegranate flower is indeed the national flower of Spain. Again, not a common flower so the red carnation is also considered to be the national flower. More common, hence it's wide use in flamenco dancing, and similar in appearance. I'm Spanish / Portuguese so I speak with a certain level of knowledge and experience but perhaps you know-it-all? Good Grief, ya can't even help someone out these days!

cakefairy03 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 1:26am
post #8 of 9

Thanks Zahrah! I was thinking the same thing. I'll make some flowers in a couple colors, then see if I like the red best or something else.

mila1969 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:04am
post #9 of 9

if the flower of Punica granatum flower, that long ago.
If you search google anywhere, I'd say it is the pink ... but if you're making these images I recommend tiles [url]matildeceramica.com[/url]
[url]ceramicaveronica.com[/url]
or type in the search

ceramica valenciana
ceramica toledo
azulejos flores

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%