This Smells Like A Scam To Me Let Me Know What You Think!!!!

Decorating By uniquecreations Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 2:52am by funcakes

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:44am
post #1 of 15

I got this email it started off as just someone looking to book my services so I emailed her back and told her she needed to let me know what her budget was and this is the response I got and I didnt even look to see if there was a picture if I open it, it could be a virus here is the response email I'm trying to figure out when she tasted my cake I have never been to Canada:
Hello , thanks for the reply to my order request, and for your concern as well, I
want you to know that am very grateful, and am really inspired ever since the first
time I tasted your cake, that is why I will prefer you bake for me..or i rather
not have cake for my wedding.... icon_biggrin.gif
I will like you to bake for me separate 5 tier cake, I want some tier to be
chocolate and some to be Vanilla flavor cake , and they should be decorated with
pink roses as seen in the picture i attached, what you see in the picture is a four
tier separated stand cake, but i want five tier cake, let the flower be made of silk
or butter cream, or icing or real flowers, which ever one you know you can provide.
( in the picture what you see on the side on the cake is a polka dot, dot, i will
like the color of the polka dot to be blue, brown and purple). And you should also
have the cake covered in fondant or butter cream, and the inscription should be
writing on one side of the tier as Happy Married Life. After which you will
packaged in your regular cake boxes for pick, Once they are ready for pick up .
They should be ready for pick up by 3 O'clock PM on the 15th of Oct 2010...and a
private shipper will be coming to pick them up...to delivery to my wedding reception
in Canada and i dont want you to be worried about the safety delivery of the cake.
Regarding the shipping ,I have a private shipping agent that will take good care of
pick up and the delivery consignments. The Shipper will come for the pickup
arrangement of the Cake at your place, at the pick up date and time.
And as I have told you previously, you dont have anything to be worry about on the
shipping of the cake it will be well secure and in a good condition on arriving the
location of my wedding reception in Toronto Canada, the shipper will be coming with
there refrigerator Van for the pick up and it will be ship under the fragile
shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has use them before for a shipping
consignment of this such and they are well reliable, dependable and secure..
So I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost of the cake order
including the decoration plus tax if included, and also I want you to add $980 for
the cost of the pick up and the shipping, so once I have your reply for the total I
will remit my credit card for you to charge for the total costso that you can have
the order book right away. And once you have the order secured, I will have the
shipper contact you for the pick up schedule arrangement, also i will instruct you
further on how you will pay the shipping fee to the shipper as to confirm the pickup
arrangement of the cake. Willingly Am also offering you an extra $100 for taking
care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing
the transaction for me due to my absence.
So please do calculate altogether the total cost of the cake + decoration and tax +
$980 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you, then get back to me
with the total for all, so once i have your reply for the total cost i will remit
my credit card for you to run for the charges, also let me know is you accept Visa
or Master card.I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost then we can
proceed from there, hope to hear from you soonest.Thanks and God bless.Cathy
Labella.

14 replies
tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #2 of 15

This does sound strange. I would first ask for date, place, cake, etc. that was tasted then check your calendar.

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #3 of 15

Scam - Delete

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #4 of 15

scam. There have been several threads about this exact email.

Lisa-G Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa-G Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #5 of 15

This is totally a scam. I've seen tons of emails with this exact wording. You can usually tell a scam email by the very poor grammar because they aren't in the US.

Lisa

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:54am
post #6 of 15

Sorry i posted this before I saw the other thread about this and what makes me mad about it, is she/he whoever, has the nerve to put God's name in their scam. This is the first time I encountered something like this so I said let me show my CC friends and they will tell me what's up icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:56am
post #7 of 15

There have been many posts about ths today. It's a scam. Run!

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:57am
post #8 of 15

You can mark as spam because it is a scam! This is going around.

KW_CupcakeLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KW_CupcakeLove Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:58am
post #9 of 15
reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:58am
post #10 of 15

It is totally a scam, I have gotten several just like it. The attached pic is probably not a virus they are just trying to use a stolen cc and get money out of you. I really hate things that this and sorry this was sent to you.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:27am
post #11 of 15

scam

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #12 of 15

"Happy married life" is the big flag. that one has been around for a LONG time.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:49am
post #13 of 15

scam--got a request through wedding wire from that same woman. delete!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:32am
post #14 of 15

total scam

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:52am
post #15 of 15

Hey! I do respect that in this scam she actually put right in the middle of the email "shipping scheme!" Gotta love putting it right out there that it is a scheme to get your money.
This scam is not only going around bakeries but all other businesses. My DH just got the same thing only ordering a large amount of carpeting. It actually sounded a little more real because they do sell carpet to other states etc. and ship it quiet a distance away. Often to customers who do not speak English as their first language. It was the I will send a truck and you will have all the money and pay him that tipped them off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%