Do You Like Your Dust Pump Brush?

Decorating By TabbieCakes Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 2:43pm by AuntAndrea

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:04am
post #1 of 7

Thinking about getting one, but wondering if its really any better than just dipping a big fluffy brush in the dust and buffing away.

Don't want to waste money on another gadget that works no better than the old fashioned way.

Your input would be appreciated.

TIA!

6 replies
pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:20am
post #2 of 7

I bought mine on clearance. NOT impressed... it takes to much time. I'm much happier with the old fashioned way. Glad I didn't pay full price.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:34am
post #3 of 7

Ditto to the PP. There are some uses where the old fashioned way is best but for lots of applications this product is great.

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 7

Hmmm. Two yays and one nay. If there are more of you out there with the Pump Brush, please give me a hollah. Thx!

Also I'm assuming you would just keep a general white pearly luster dust in this brush because it seems like it would be a pain to empty, clean and refill with different colored dusts. Am I right?

Sweetwise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetwise Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 7

Yes - one color. Once a colored dust is in the bristles, there is no getting it out. Super Pearl is the wedding cake and birthday cake "go-to" dust. It makes white and any other color look shimmery once you apply it.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 7

I really don't care for it....... but of course I used a rose-pink color in it, and to clean that all out would be a major PIA..........

AuntAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntAndrea Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 7

I gotta go with the "nays" on this one... I actually got three of them a couple of years ago at an ICES convention -- two are still in their wrappings. It might be me, but I just can't seem to get it to work right at all. The bristles are terrific, but the "pump" part... the dust just doesn't seem come out in a good way for me. I'd rather use a fluffy makeup brush and dip on my own.

HTH!!
...Andrea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%