Anybody From Rhode Island

Decorating By mommakabob Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 3:29am by Jamielc

mommakabob Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 5

I was just wondering if anyone was near me so I could get some ideas as to where you get your supplies.

4 replies
chelleb1974 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 2:26am
post #2 of 5

Hi mommakabob!

I'm in Southeastern MA, so not too far from Rhode Island. I believe there is JAR supply in RI, there is also Lorraine's Cake Supply in Hanover, MA and Party Cake Party Cake in Taunton, MA. If you google any of them, you'll get the addresses. Other than that, it's just the craft stores I believe.

aej6 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 2:44am
post #3 of 5

Hi there,
Also a Bostonian but have been to Lorraine's and Party Cake Party Cake. I haven't found much at Lorraine's that is different than AC Party Cake Party Cake thay ahve a lot of stuff but be careful; some of it is old!! (Fondant, etc)

chelleb1974 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 3:03am
post #4 of 5

I find that Lorraine' has a lot more of the candy molds, cutters, and specialty gumpaste tools that Party Cake doesn't really have. She also has a lot of flavorings, different brands of fondant, PME piping tips, Merckens coating (MUCH better than Wilton or Make N Mold), etc... I do agree, you have to watch the edible products at Party Cake.....Satin Ice fondant is ok, they purchase that pretty often, the Americolors are also. You just have to look at the product and see how it looks. I buy very little edible product from Party Cake.

Jamielc Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 3:29am
post #5 of 5

Hi there! I'm from Rhode Island! There is JAR Baking Supply Company in Lincoln, RI and there's Cameo's Cake and Candy (I think that's the name) in Cranston, RI. Otherwise I get what I need at craft stores, Walmart, etc. Feel free to PM me if you need addresses or more specific info on those two stores. Though I find that both the stores have a fair amount of Wilton supplies. But they've got incredibly good prices on cake boards and boxes and such.

Quote by @%username% on %date%