How Do I Add Flowers In The Space Between Tiers?

Decorating By Mug-a-Bug Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 11:31pm by CWR41

Mug-a-Bug Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a cake where the bride wants about 4 inches of flowers between each tier. I want to use SPS. My question is how do I arrange the flowers between each tier? I don't want to just stack them like dead bodies, icon_surprised.gif lol icon_biggrin.gif Any thoughts appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug-a-Bug

I want to use SPS. My question is how do I arrange the flowers between each tier?

If you use the tall SPS legs/pillars, you'll have space for styrofoam to stick your flowers into.

If you use the hidden SPS legs, you can add the styrofoam on top of the plate below--just make sure the plate isn't larger than the foam or you'll have to get creative so make sure it doesn't show.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 4

I'm not sure what kind of legs I need to use. Can you recommend one? I'm not sure the difference between the two kinds of legs? icon_confused.gif Thanks for your help!! icon_biggrin.gif

CWR41 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 4

If you want the space to be created by stryofoam only, you'd use the internal SPS support legs (or Wilton hidden pillars, or dowels).

If you want the space to be created by pillars that show, you'd use the taller SPS support legs/pillars (or Wilton pillars, or push-in pillars).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%