For The Alton Brown Fans...

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 3:45pm by LisaMarie86

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 10

This was on the USAToday website today.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2010-10-10-alton-brown_N.htm

On a side note, I don't watch him that often, but does he look like he's lost a lot of weight recently?

9 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 10

how cool, thanks for posting!

mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 10

I am an Alton fan. Thank you for posting.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

On a side note, I don't watch him that often, but does he look like he's lost a lot of weight recently?

Yes, he has lost weight...he did an episode about the diet he used but it wasn't really a diet, more like lifestyle changes. And, of course, being Alton it was interesting and what he ate and didn't eat made complete sense when he explained it. I don't remember how much weight he said he lost but it was considerable. I bet you could find something on the FN website.

Nice article, thanks for posting it!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 10

He lost 50 pounds, says so right in the article.
I lost 60 myself at the same time he lost weight through lifestyle changes too. It was good to see his show on the topic talking about this way of doing it rather than diet. Diet means ypu can go back to your old eating habits and you cannot if you are serious about keeping it off.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 10

I just skimmed the article. Guess I will have to go back and read it more closely.

I think it's great that he did it! I do think that he looks like he lost a little too much weight. The first time I got a good look at him I wondered if he was sick or something.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I do think that he looks like he lost a little too much weight. The first time I got a good look at him I wondered if he was sick or something.

icon_wink.gif When one is over 40 and loses a good amount of weight, things tend to droop.

Actually, I thought he was ill, too, when I first saw the weight loss. I don't know if it's just because I've become accustomed to his new look or what but I think he looking pretty darn good now icon_lol.gif.

LindaF144, I so agree with you about the lifestyle changes and not being on a "diet". It's hard to change that old, ingrained thinking, though.

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:08pm
post #8 of 10

I love Alton Brown he is awesome and so quirky. My mom hates when I watch Good Eats because she thinks he is so weird but I love it.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie86

I love Alton Brown he is awesome and so quirky. My mom hates when I watch Good Eats because she thinks he is so weird but I love it.

He fills my "gotta know why this does this and not that" void! Since I was a kid I always wanted to know why!

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:45pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie86

He fills my "gotta know why this does this and not that" void! Since I was a kid I always wanted to know why!

Ive always loved knowing why as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%