Bake Cake On Thur For A Sunday Order??

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 5:09pm by Cathy26

CakesIMake Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 2

I have a cake due on Sunday..I usually bake fridays then decorate all day sat for a sunday cake. I was wondering if I bake it on thur & let it sit until sat to decorate will it be dry? Or should I just do it on friday? I know such a stupid question, but I really need this cake to taste fresh & moist! I don't want to freeze it either...This lady has a ton of friends who will be at the party with their children & I want everyone to love it...not to mention potential customers =D

1 reply
Cathy26 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 2

Freeze it!! I freeze every single one of my cakes and they definitly taste better for it. I also sugar syrup each layer of cake once i tort it and then to be honest once all the filling and crumb coating and fondant is on, thats an airtight barrier so you neednt worry about it drying.

If you dont want to freeze then thurs-sun isnt a long time at all - ive had customers who have kept the cake a whole week before cutting (i use icing sugar/butter buttercream with flavouring or bc and jam to avoid perishable fillings) and every one has always commented on how moist it is so dont worry at all - just think if you were working on a crazy ass massive wedding cake you could be working on it for a few days before the wedding - so relax!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%