Funny Quote From My Daughter Re Dating...

Lounge By CakesByJen2 Updated 13 Oct 2010 , 1:29am by JulieMN

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 4

My 15 yo has been dealing with a tricky situation with a boy that really likes her, but she doesn't feel the same. She genuinely likes him as a friend and enjoys hanging out with him when there is no pressure of an actual date. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but does want to keep him as a friend, so it's been a somewhat delicate situation, and I've been helping her with how to handle it.

Actually, I think he's starting to wear her down. He's a big tough looking football player whose really sweet and treats her well, and tends to grow on people. I'm pretty fond of him myself. But, he doesn't fit her ideal of what she's looking for in a bf, so she doesn't want to let herself feel that way. Anyway, I was teasing her telling her I must be a bigger softee than she is, because if I was her, I probably would've given in and dated him already.

To which she quicky replied, "Yeah, and that's how you ended up with Dad!", LOL! I suppose there's some truth to that icon_smile.giftapedshut.gif

3 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByJen2

My 15 yo has been dealing with a tricky situation with a boy that really likes her, but she doesn't feel the same. She genuinely likes him as a friend and enjoys hanging out with him when there is no pressure of an actual date. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but does want to keep him as a friend, so it's been a somewhat delicate situation, and I've been helping her with how to handle it.

Actually, I think he's starting to wear her down. He's a big tough looking football player whose really sweet and treats her well, and tends to grow on people. I'm pretty fond of him myself. But, he doesn't fit her ideal of what she's looking for in a bf, so she doesn't want to let herself feel that way. Anyway, I was teasing her telling her I must be a bigger softee than she is, because if I was her, I probably would've given in and dated him already.

To which she quicky replied, "Yeah, and that's how you ended up with Dad!", LOL! I suppose there's some truth to that icon_smile.giftapedshut.gif

Ahhh, teenagers. icon_biggrin.gif I have been in your daughter's shoes many many times in my life. I have always been a "geeky" kind of gal, so most of my friends were the geeky guys.

And I married one of them. icon_wink.gif Best decision I ever made.

But, I love when kids can get a witty retort in.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 4

Love your funny story!! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for sharing! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%