How Much Rent Should I Offer To Use A Commercial Kitchen?

Business By multilayered Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 6:08pm by multilayered

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi...right now I use the kitchen at a friends restaurant but the circumstances may be changing and I need to look into renting one. There is a caterer in town...they are very SLOW and are not even there most of the week. I called to ask if they would consider letting me rent out the kitchen "when needed" not full time. He asked me to come up with a price I am willing to pay...so my question to you is what is a fair price? My husband and I do not have much money at all..we have three kids and basically one income...so really my question is..what is the lowest price I can say without looking nuts!!!??? Thanks, Andrea

3 replies
multilayered Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone?????

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 4

I would say $15/hour would probably be the absolute minimum, typical rental prices are $15-30/hour depending on area and volume.

Make sure you have liability insurance, and in most areas you will also need to be inspected by the health dept in the rental kitchen.

multilayered Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 4

Yes I do have insurance..and in my county the health dept does have to do a separate inspection of the kitchen in order for me to use it. Thank you for you inputicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%