Craigslist--Getting Really Tired Of Scammers!

Lounge By kansaslaura Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 11:01pm by bakingpw

kansaslaura Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 3

I've got some equipment listed. It's the same old thing anymore. I get the very generic e-mail about my item. What condition, what is bottom price--usually in clumsy English. One wanted me to accept a money order for the full price and someone would come pick it up--sorry they could not inspect it.

Anyone else getting this everytime you post something?? I'm just really frustrated this AM and would love to slug one of these morons!

Anyone have a sure fire way to eliminate this kind of thing? I just want to get rid of a few things!!

2 replies
Herekittykitty Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 3

Doesn't it just want to make you tear your hair out (or beat someone with a rolling pin? icon_wink.gif )

EVERY SINGLE TIME I post something I get at least 2 of these e-mails. I either ignore them or if in a spunky mood will reply:

"Thank you for your interest. Yes the item is available; I will now be reporting you to Craigslist as a scammer.

Have a good day."

Or some variation on that usually with some notation of the sob story (apparently there aren't any deaf people in my area, they all live really far away without transportation icon_rolleyes.gif ) as to WHY they can't come inspect but will gladly pay MORE than I asked to remove the listing immediately.

Bleh!

bakingpw Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 3

Me too! I was asking $1000. for a 20 Qt. Mixer on CL. Got the following response: "I'll give you $200." I responded, "NO WAY". He responded, "Yes, Way". I wrote back, "What is wrong with you that you can't take no for an answer? The mixer is well worth the $1000." He wrote back, "I'll give you $300. and a slap on the chest!" NO KIDDING! Needless to say, I did not respond and reported him for spamming. I still get messages (will not open) from him nearly every week, though I always report as spam.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%