Please Help

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 11:03pm by preciosa225

preciosa225 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I have to make a cake for my 6 yr old daughter's birthday party but here is my dilemma...Her party will be at a bowling alley but she is a DIE HARD Princess and Frog fan and she wants BOTH themes incorporated in her cake. I can do either/or but am having a hard time coming up with a design to incorporate both (although it seemed pretty simple to me when she requested it).

Can anyone help???

TIA

6 replies
Christy0722 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 7

What about having a water theme.....have the princess sitting on a rock at the side of the lake with a frog on a lily pad looking back at her as if to say....Kiss me and I will turn into your prince! Just a thought.....HTH!

LaurenLuLu Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe a princess bowling toward froggy shaped bowling pins?

letsgetcaking Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 7

Or maybe two frogs at one end of a bowling lane and the pins at the other end standing on top of lily pads?

imagenthatnj Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

I'm almost sure it's not just ANY princess and frog, right? It's the Disney PRINCESS AND THE FROG theme? For something like that, where you're probably going to have that princess in the green dress and that specific frog, you might have to do two tiers and just separate them that way. I would just make two small cake (one of each theme, as having both together will not combine well for sure).

People have done cakes with separated vertically in the middle by some cardboard/pastillage (for twins sometimes), but I'm not sure you would want to go that way.

endymion Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 7

You could just do a big 3-D bowling ball in a swapy green color, and have the characters sitting on top.

preciosa225 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks all for the wonderful ideas. I am still working on a design but you have all been very helpful. I hadn't been able to go on for some time (computer troubles) so I apologize for not having responded sooner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%