My First 2 Teir Cake

Decorating By thefancyladygourmet Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 1:14pm by leily

thefancyladygourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefancyladygourmet Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 8

in 2 weeks im making my first 2 teir cake i know that i have to add support inside ive seen the plastic plate and teirs but i don't want it to be visable when i cake is together what should i use beside the wooden sticks inside to put underneath the top cake?

7 replies
KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 8

There are several youtube videos on stacking, as well as other tutorials if you google. Good luck!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 8

Well, SPS would work. icon_smile.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

SPS is a good idea but its a bit pricey. You might want to use bubble tea straws and card board circles.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefancyladygourmet

what should i use beside the wooden sticks inside to put underneath the top cake?

The top cake is on its own board. The board goes on your plate (if you're also using an optional support plate), otherwise, the board goes on top of the lower tier which has dowels in it. There is nothing else inside the cake besides the dowels. If using a plate, you can use the legs that attach to the plate for support, then the dowels aren't needed.

thefancyladygourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefancyladygourmet Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:23am
post #6 of 8

thanks for all the help ladies ive been watching amazing wedding cakes all day trying to pick up tips lol any other tips for a 2 teir cake i should know about?

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:38am
post #7 of 8

I love Edna De la Cruz videos!

Good Luck! Don't be afraid, It's painless! I promise!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:14pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellis12

SPS is a good idea but its a bit pricey. You might want to use bubble tea straws and card board circles.

i can get a 6" plate and the columms for it for $3.24. And that is only buying one platee at a time instead of in a pkg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%