Corpse Bride Figures

Decorating By ozgirl42 Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 2:30pm by LisaPeps

ozgirl42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozgirl42 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:02am
post #1 of 3

My question isn't so much a How Do I so much as a Where Do I? I have been asked to do a corpse bride cake and am trying to source cake toppers for it. The exhorbitant price for the figurines and action figures (how much action can the corpse bride do?) has me wondering if there is a purpose made topper out there and is so where on earth do I get it?
I live in Australia and am over 400kms from the nearest city and have to source most of my supplies from the net. I have been unable to find a supplier in Australia - but that may be because I haven't struck the right combination of words in Google to get the answer I want.
I know I can make one, but as our humid summer is coming up, I don't want to chance gumpaste figures in the great Australian outdoors.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not familiar with the corpse bride, so I apologize in advance if this is not at all helpful. I read your post and it made me think of this idea I saw from Wilton. They used their pick-doll for doll cakes and made her into a corpse bride type creature.

I don't know if the topper is supposed to include a corpse groom?? If so, I don't know what to recommend. But if you just need a bride, maybe you could doctor something like this up...

http://www.wilton.com/idea/There-Goes-the-Bride-Cake

Best of luck to you.

P.S. I think you'd be okay with gumpaste figures, as long as you made them plenty in advance and give them plenty of time to dry. IMO.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 3

This sort of thing?

http://www.simpsonsweddingcaketopper.com/programs/shop/showitem.cgi?Corpse_Bride&specialorderinyourcolors

These are really rather expensive but so I'm on the same page as you, is this what you are looking for?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%