Fondant Drapping To Cover Snowhite Cake

Decorating By Guayaquilcakes Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 2:48am by Guayaquilcakes

Guayaquilcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Guayaquilcakes Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 4:04am
post #1 of 4

Hi! This is my first post, however I have been reading alot around here.. I am very thankful to all the people that have the patience to teach and to give tips to others. The thing is I have to make a snowhite cake next sunday. It represent snowhite dress, but I'm not very sure how to make the yellow part. Should I add gum tex (cmc) to make the fondant or it will get to hard? how do I make this drapping? from the botton pulling up the sides? should I paste it with royal icing or buttercream?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please help? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

thanks alot

I forgot, and to make that gold color,which icing color should I use, I can add gold dust to make it shine.. how do I apply it? (I justo bought it icon_biggrin.gif )[img][/img][img][/img]

3 replies
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 4:36am
post #2 of 4

It does look like the fondant is put on upside down. I would put a layer of buttercream on the cake, and just use fondant for the covering, no gum tex, there is no need for it. You want the fondant to remain soft.

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 4

Cute cake idea! I agree with previous poster - looks like the fondant was put on and then the cake was flipped over and they went around and folded the pleats down on the top of the cake.

As for the color, I'd say start out with an ivory (americolor has a liquid-gel kind) just start off with a little and add more until you get where you want it.

The gold you could either brush on with dry gold pearl dust, or use an airbrush and mix vodka with your pearl dust (and maybe a drop of the ivory food coloring if you want it darker). Practice you spray on an extra swatch of your colored fondant though to see how your mixure looks first.

Best of luck. Post pics afterwards!

Guayaquilcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Guayaquilcakes Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:48am
post #4 of 4

Thank you both, you've been really helpul, I hope I don't mess up. More replies are soooo welcome!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%