Kopycake Or Edible Image Printer?

Baking By OneCreativeCookie Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 3:24pm by Kiddiekakes

OneCreativeCookie Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:57am
post #1 of 5

I would like to be able to do more detailed designs (and some more intricate corporate logos), but freehanding takes forever and does not always turn out as I would like. I searched the forum looking for info on edible image set-ups and came across a thread for kopycake projectors.

Hmmm...which do you recommend - kopycake or edible image? Or is this like asking apples or oranges?

4 replies
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 2:34am
post #2 of 5

hi, I have had to weigh the same question, after reading all the posts myself I decided on a kopykake projector, which is on route from the us to Oz. Cant wait for it. very excited. everywhere I look I think, hmmm can I make that into a cookie image?????

The thing that put me off the printer were the reports of clogging all the time and printer head problems and then the need to buy the ricepaper and inks. Seeing as though I dont have much call for photos on cookies and logos. Plus technology and I dont go very well together, and I wont maintain it.

That is what made me go to the kopykake. I don't think I will regret it.

I preferred that mine stay hand made and not just a printed picture on a cookie. if that makes sense.

Food for thought though, I am looking forward to hearing the other replies.

gingerbreadtogo Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 5

I have both. I got my edible printer first, so I have created more of a demand for it. At this point I think I would prefer projector because of all the headaches of printer ( as grozzie said, clogs, colors not exact,cost of ink and and frosting sheets..)

They really are 2 different animals: Printer allows you to print picture or logo and place directly on cookie or cake. Projector allows you to trace picture, so you may or may not be able to exactly duplicate certain logos or designs.

Good Luck

icingimages Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 5

Printer problems are usually based upon lack of usage and brand of ink. Problems depend on your ink and your amount of usage (the more you use it the better). That being said, you have to decide if you want an exact replicate or a trace of your design.

Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 5

I have both...I use both equally for different looks...

Quote by @%username% on %date%