Barbie Cakes

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 4:51pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:32am
post #1 of 7

I might be doing a barbie cake in the next few weeks. I do not have the wonder mold for her. What are the best size cakes to use for height (I will carve to shape) Also, do you remove the barbies legs and just use the doll from hip up or do you put the legs in the cake? Thanks!

6 replies
Karen421 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #2 of 7

I used a large 8 cup, Pamper Chef measuring bowl when I made one. But I used the pick, not the doll. When I tried the doll, I didn't like the way it turned out, but I did add and 8" round to the bottom to make the proportion come out right. Good Luck

denetteb Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 7

I used my smallest Anchor Hocking glass bowl. It's diameter happened to be 6 inches. So I used the bowl and a 6 inch layers from one box mix. (Or maybe it was 2 6 inch layers, sorry can't recall for sure). Anyway, I used one box mix total divided between the 6 inch layer and bowl. I didn't have to do any carving except to level off the bowl cake a little. I cut out a rectangle the size for Barbies hips and stood her in the slot. I used the whole doll.

MJoycake Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 2:08am
post #4 of 7

I've only used the wondermold pan, so I can't speak to cake sizes other than a guess of 3 8" and a 6"?

I always use a whole doll (I generally go with the Tinkerbell/Disney dolls, which are shorter than a Barbie), but I wash the legs/hips/torso in warm soapy water, dry thoroughly, then wrap it up to the hips very tightly in Saran Wrap. That way the doll is not touching the cake - a food safe material is.

Best of luck!

denetteb Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 2:37am
post #5 of 7

Good point, I gave her a bath and wrapped her first also.

VickeyC Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 2:59am
post #6 of 7

I like the whole doll idea. That way the child has a new doll as well. Just a thought. icon_lol.gif

TheCakerator Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone .. I was thinking some 8in and some 6in cakes would do the job with some small carving/shaping. I was unsure about the barbie and her legs, but wrapping them in saran wrap seems like a good idea. Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%