Crusting Bc Frosting, Please Share Your Recipe

Baking By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 3:52am by madgeowens

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 8

Could y'all share your Crusting BC recipe or share a link to where I could find a good one.

Thanks

7 replies
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 8

So no one has a favorite they like or advice about the different recipes. I saved a few from the recipe link, I guess I'll eenie meenie minie it.

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 8

Sorry no one has helped you, but they probably did not respond because they looked at your post and thought you should just go through the recipes yourself. If you had clarified at first that there were so many and you did not know what ones were liked the most, you pry would have gotten more of a response.

I like Wilton's recipe, only using Hi-ratio shortening for my cakes. It's easy and quick, and I have never had anyone complain about it, so I just stick with, if it's not broke, don't fix it. For cupcakes, I like Sugarshack's BC. Let me know if you still want a recipe for Wilton. icon_biggrin.gif HTH!!

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 8

My favorite is the dream buttercream recipe from this site. I have made a few adjustments but I think that is the best.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 8

I use this.
1 stick of butter(salted)
1 cup crisco(actually I use walmart brand with fried chicken on label)
1 tsp almond ext.
1 tsp clear vanilla
1 tbs meringue powder (not necessary)
4 cups confectioner sugar
1/4/cup coffee creamer or equal parts water and creamer powder hot
cream the butter and crisco add flavorings
then slowly add sugar......then I add Tbs at a time of creamer until its the desired consistancy....and it crusts

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 8

Without a doubt it's Sugarshack's buttercream. You can find it in the recipe section. She also has a video on You Tube for directions on how to make it. Delish!

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks ladies!

I am new at this and I have only really made one cake (minus normal box in a 9x13 pan and slop some can icing ontop) and that one cake I bought publix frosting b/c I was too scared to make my own, but dang it's $$$ to buy and it does not crust (or my house was too warm) so I am gonna try and make my own and I want to try the crusting kind so I can try the paint roller or viva method to smooth

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 3:52am
post #8 of 8

actuall I used to use heavy cream, but got the idea from Sharon (sugarshack) for the hot creamer and love that method....so props to Sharon Zambito Queen of Butter Creamicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%