Anyone Use Fabric Painter Or Sugarveil System To Place Pearl

Decorating By nesweetcake Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 4:28pm by emilyg

nesweetcake Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 5

Some time back I read where those with sugarveil used their machines for other uses like placing pearls, icing cookies or something along those lines. Also think it discussed using a fabric painter from the craft department to do the same thing. With no luck I search, but can't find the thread. Anyone remember this or have info on. Much appreciation for any info you have or can share.

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 5

I know on the sugarveil website they have a tutorial using the gizmo that places pearls. I believe it's an attachment you can buy but I'm not 100% on that.

nesweetcake Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks bobwonderbuns. I'll have to try that. It seems that some were using it for royal to ice cookies? Ever heard of that. I just had carpel tunnel surgery and thought would/could help me out. Thank again for your response.

JanH Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:36am
post #4 of 5
emilyg Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 5

Hi nesweetcake - hopefully I can be of some help here. We have two tools for cake details (1) the SugarVeil Icing Dispenser, which draws tiny lines and dots with SugarVeil Icing, buttercream, ganache, piping gel, flow-consistency royal icing, etc. and (2) the Vacuum Pick up Tool, which places tiny beads, dragees, and pieces of SugarVeil precisely where you want them. Here's the link for more info: http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/vacuum_pickup.htm

Years ago we were able to find a really unique, high-quality air pump (in Portugal, of all places) that did both pressure and suction. This allowed us to combine both options in one tool, and is why some people with Icing Dispensers from years ago have the suction option as well. But when the pump company shut down, it necessitated that we make two separate tools. The Vacuum Tool we have now has even more suction than the dual-purpose tool, and you can also vary the amount of suction you need.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you've any other questions on this - Thanks much, Michele at SugarVeil

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%