How To Make A Cat Litter Box Cake

Decorating By bntbushnell Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 5:06am by tavyheather

bntbushnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bntbushnell Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone out there have the directions on making this cake, I have someone who wants it for their sons Halloween Birthday Party...The photos Ive seen on here look like the cake was actually baked in the litter pan, is that possible????? I need a good receipe and directions.. Thanks

5 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 6

My suggestion is to google this one. They are all over the internet with instructions, and yes, the one I saw was actually made in a *new* litter pan with a scoop for serving.

Why anyone would want to eat something that looks like a cat's toliet it beyond me... but to each his own, I suppose! icon_rolleyes.gif

bntbushnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bntbushnell Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 6

Its for a 15 yr boys birthday/halloween party, go figure..LOL

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 6

It's not baked in the litter pan-I should have caught that in your question. Yea.. no accounting for a 15yr old's taste! lol

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 3:17am
post #5 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1303083

If this is the cake you're referring to its SUPER EASY!!

Bake any flavored cake you like, 2 13x9 cakes work perfectly. Crumble it into a large bowl and add your buttercream ( sort of like cake balls, but a bit less moist)
Then put the crumbled cake into a brand new cat litter box, spread it evenly.
Then crush vanilla cookies ( like vanilla Oreos or Vienna fingers) , either by hand or in a food processor. Remove a little less than half and tint them green like the little crystals in litter.
The best part is the "poop". Take regular sized ( not mini) Tootsie Rolls and microwave them for about 10 seconds. When they're ready, stretch them to look like poop; curl it, swirl it, hang it off the side....whatever you want!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!!

HTH

Jess
The cake was very well received after she got over the initial shock of walking into work and seeing a 'dirty' litter box sitting on her desk!!!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 5:06am
post #6 of 6

oh wow. now i've seen it all..........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%