How Do I Airbrush A Stencil Onto The Side Of A Fondant Cake?

Decorating By DivaWeava Updated 22 Aug 2013 , 7:08pm by HoneyloveBakery

DivaWeava Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DivaWeava Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 2

Hello!

I have an order for a cake with a damask print. I purchased the 5 tiered set of damask stencils found here: http://www.culinarystencils.com

I would like to airbrush one of the damask prints onto the side of a 6 inch round cake. The fondant will be light pink, with black damask.

I am looking for suggestions on the easiest way to adhere the stencil to my cake while I am airbrushing.

I am also wondering if it may just be best to hand paint over the stencil with the black airbrush paint...

Any of your thoughts and suggestions on how to hold the stencil in place, how to keep the paint off the top of the cake, and airbrushing techniques are greatly appreciated!

Thanks (0:

Jaycee

1 reply
HoneyloveBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoneyloveBakery Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 2

you can use toothpicks to hold the stencil on (stuck strategically into holes in the stencil). your color will go where the toothpicks are so you wont see holes. However, I'm curious too if this will be a "tight" enough method of attaching stencil while using airbrush, or if that would result in color getting under the stencil? wouldnt be a problem on a square cake but the round sides may be tricky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%