How To Use Arcylic Blocks With The Stamps??

Decorating By cakeastic Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 12:56pm by cakeastic

cakeastic Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:13am
post #1 of 5

I want to get the block with stamps that prints designs on your cake but before i order it i want to know if the stamps are reusable or whats the difference between a large block and an extra large or small one. How do you print the stamps onto the cake? ... Thanks

4 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:55am
post #2 of 5

Are those stamps food-safe? If not, I would be hesitant to purchase them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 5

IF it's stamps like I'm thinking (one brand is see-ds, sold on qvc in th uk if u want to see them), the backs are sticky, so it sticks to the block, then u peel off and put back in the case - reusable.
As for the block sizes, where ever ur looking to buy them from should have the info. The set I bought the largest one was maybe 3x2 inches, size of the largest stamp. But I know there are much bigger available.
Good point re food safety... Worth thinking about!

Jayde Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

From a scrapbooking standpoint, its better to buy a larger block than a smaller one, its more versatile. The letters, designs, etc. have a sticky back that sticks to the block. I havent used them on edible things, but I have used them to write happy birthday or a name on a fondant covered cake board. Make sure you PS or constrach them well or else they stick. The excess can be brushed away after the embossed image has been done.

I havent checked to see if they are food safe, but I know that rubber stamps are not. I dont think they would do well on an actual cake anyways, but for dexorating the cake board they are great.

cakeastic Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 5

Yes they 100% food safe, theyre just plastic. And yes they do work for printing on cakes. Thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%